This Versatile muesli is bursting with flavours, nutrients and textures to satisfy you no matter what time of the day. It is a fantastic recipe to adapt, as one can add or remove whatever one desires to suit their dietary preferences. This muesli can be utilised numerous ways, such as, but not limited to:
– Muesli to begin the day with a banana (or fruit of choice), unsweetened almond milk and a dollop of natural Greek or probiotic yoghurt.
– A morning, afternoon or evening snack by itself.
– A post workout snack accompanied with a smoothie or protein shake.
– Topping to a smoothie bowl.
– Placed over yoghurt with a drizzle of honey.
This muesli is well balanced and is not only great nutritionally, but it smells phenomenal when baking in the oven and infusing the ingredients to concoct the honey liquid. Additionally, it is a superb means of baking in bulk which is economically friendly and ensures that muesli is always available for any occasion. Incorporate this muesli to any day of meal prep. It shan’t cease to amaze. Enjoy and savour!
Love, thoughts and hugs always,
NOTE: The quantities of this recipe are liberal. I do not use exact measurements as I make in bulk. Simply gauge how many dry ingredients to make the honey liquid so that all measurements are relative.
– Oats (Gluten free is preferred)
– Sunflower seeds
– Pumpkin seeds
– Chia seeds
– Goji berries
– Dried Cranberries
– Dried, organic banana chips
– Coconut chips
– Organic, unsalted nut mix (Almonds, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts and pistachios)
– Vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Melt the honey, vanilla essence and cinnamon in a saucepan over a low heat until a liquid forms.
3. In a large oven tray or tin receptacle, combine all dry ingredients, except the banana chips, goji berries and cranberries.
4. Pour the honey liquid over the dry ingredients to coat and bind the dry ingredients.
5. Ensure all dry ingredients are coated with the honey liquid.
6. Place in the oven and keep checking plus mixing every ten to fifteen minutes to prevent burning.
7. Once golden brown, remove from the oven to cool. Mix through the banana chips, goji berries and cranberries. These will become crisp and juicy.
8. Allow to cool completely before transferring to jars or airtight containers.