Most of us, including me, have a soft spot or guilty pleasure, when it comes to a sweet indulgence in the flavour of chocolate. Personally, I have a propensity to only consume the darkest of chocolate which is why this recipe is so wonderful as it is solely centred around the use of organic cacao powder and cacao nibs!
This Amazonian superfood consists of an abundance of health boosting benefits; providing greater quantities of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other health advantages such as anti-ageing and disease -fighting abilities. Why wouldn’t one incorporate this amazing superfood into one’s diet?!
Cacao is also renowned for its ability to improve one’s mood as it is an abundant source of neurotransmitters, such as, serotonin, tryptophan, tyrosine and phenylethylamine which are each associated to the feelings of well-being, happiness and joy. Consuming organic cacao is a fantastic way to receive an enhanced mood by even alleviating the feelings of depression, all with the additional benefit of a delicious flavour!
So, next time you feel like improving or mood or receiving that chocolate “hit”, make these Mood Boosters for a quick, delicious, healthy, guilt free and efficient way to brighten your mood. You deserve it and shan’t regret it!
Love, thoughts and hug always,
– 1-2 teaspoons organic cacao powder
– 1 teaspoon Maca powder
– 1 teaspoon chia seeds
– 8 organic dates
– 1 tablespoon peanut butter (Or any nut butter of your preference)
– ¼ cup of unsalted, organic almonds (Again, any nut of your preference is fine)
– 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence (paste or vanilla pod are also great!)
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil
– ¼ cup of buckwheat groats
– Cacao nibs
1. Soak dates in warm water to soften. Leave for five to ten minutes.
2. Place almonds in food processor to pulse until they form a chopped and powder mixture.
3. Drain the dates of the water and place the dates in the food processor.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor, except the cacao nibs and pulse until a sticky mixture is formed.
5. Roll mixture into desired sized balls.
6. Roll balls in cacao nibs (or coconut threads, cacao powder or buckwheat groats – whatever your preference. GET CREATIVE! 😊 ).
7. Store in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight stored in airtight containers.